Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sakura-Con 2011


that thing from Spirited Away
(only cosplay outfit I took a picture
of that isn't related to Black Butler)
On Saturday, with Anime Club, i went to Sakura Con, a popular anime convention in the area. It was really exciting, and there were so many interesting people there. There was one guy dressed as a piece of toast... XD it was funny.

And there was so many things to buy. I only had 40 dollars! All I could get was a poster of Ciel and Sebastian, and a giant wall scroll of Ciel and Sebastian (surprisingly the cheaper of the 2). Oh, and the cutest fan ever. white with a tree with pretty pink cherry blossoms all over it :D. In the smaller poster, Sebastian looks really cute XD AAAHH i just wanna hug him <3

Euntai took this one.
lol, they aren't looking at the camera...

poster I got. Sebby looks so cute...
Speaking of hugs, i hugged many strangers there. Yeah, i know, you shouldn't go around hugging random strangers, but whatever. It was worth it. Their costumes were so awesome! I hugged a giant Kon (from bleach) and some Pokemon I didn't know. But I don't have a pictures of them.... my only pictures are of people who cosplayed as Black Butler characters... ironically, I didn't get a chance to hug any of them D': I wanted to hug Sebby-chan!! WAAHHH! *falls into deep depression and cries while curled in the fetal position*

At least I wasn't like Euntai. He practically stalked, then attacked his unfortunate victims... it was creepy and hilarious at the same time.


left to right: Claude, Alois, Ciel, Sebastian, The Undertaker
 (from Black Butler for those of you who don't know)

There was tons of things to do there. There was a gaming room, where you could play a bunch of games based on animes. There was a room where you could buy anime/manga/posters/toys/cosplay outfits/etc. from vendors. There was also a room where artists could show off their works and you could buys drawings from them. You could also commission them to draw you anime style. And for some reason, there was also speed dating. There was speed dating for 18 and younger, I wish I would have went to that! I could have met some smexy/cute otakus... hmm maybe next time XD.


giant wall scroll I got. 31" x 43". huge.

I really think that cosplayers are cool. Its fun to see my favorite anime/manga characters walking around. But you know whats weird? I only saw one Sebastian that was actually a guy. You know how many I saw that were girls? At least 5. I find that weird... its probably because they guys know they can't actually measure up to Sebastian's good looks, therefore too self conscious to dress as him. Maybe the girls are a little more gutsy.

The only guy I saw dressed as Sebastian played the part well enough, though he was not anywhere near as sexy as Sebby (no offense guy, you aren't hammered, just not as sexy as Sebby-chan)... oh and I had to take all of the cosplay pics with my phone, because I left my camera at home like a dumb ass. Because of my crappy phone photo quality, you can't really see him all that well.

Oh and that reminds me. I saw many girls dressed as Ciel. Because you have to be either a young boy or a girl to pull it off. But i saw many girls cross dressing as Ciel, but in Ciel's dress, from when he was forced to cross dress.
So my question is, if you cross dress, as a cross dresser, is it still considered cross dressing?



the only male Sebastian I saw...



Are you still cross dressing because even though you are dressing in girls clothes, the person you are portraying is actually a man? Or are you not cross dressing, because you are wearing clothes that are meant for your own sex, not the opposite? Does cross dressing as a cross dresser cancel out the cross dressing aspect? Or not? Just a little philosophical question for you to think about when you get bored. Tell me what you think in the comments, if you wish.
same people as the one Euntai took. lol, look at
whats behind them... I didn't even notice this
when I took it... ahaha...

left to right : Madam Red, Ciel, Lizzy

I just noticed that this whole post is pretty much about Black Butler.... this is sad. but whatever, Black Butler is my fav., you guys should watch it / read it if you haven't already. Its really good.

So, going to Sakura Con for the first time was a really great experience. It was really fun, and there were so many things to do. I can't wait till the next one comes around :]

4 comments:

  1. Freakin otaku. :P

    Hmm... What do I have to say...

    1. Instead of buying posters and keychains like you, I just printed out pics online. It's free. xD
    2. However, posters look a LOT nicer. I only have Naruto posters (little bro got them from a friend). :(
    3. Cosplayers creep me out. Just saying. o____O
    4. No explanation for why 'cause I really don't know. It's kinda like dolls. Just plain creepy.
    5. Why does the giant wall scrolll cost less than fan art posters??? That's weird. I like Yana's drawings though (freakin AWESOME).
    6. ...Sebby-chan? Isn't it Sebas-chan? Or Sebby?
    7. If you start giving characters nicknames that are NOT in the anime/manga, you are definitely 110% otaku fangirl. Go get rehab. :)
    8. I swear, you're trying to convert everyone reading this to Kuroshitsuji fangirls, huh? Just get Anna to read this. :P
    9. HAHAHA. "Guys know they can't measure up to Sebastian's good looks."
    10. It's 'cause girls are a whole lot more obsessive than guys. That's why majorityof fans are girls (thus, the Fangirls).
    11. Still, I gotta admit: Kuroshitsuji is awesome. 'Nough said.
    12. Manga is better though.
    13. Katekyo Hitman Reborn! beats EVERYTHING. Even Kuroshitsuji. But that's my opinion.



    You're not-as-obsessive otaku friend, Rosa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i didn't give him that nickname, i saw it somewhere else, in a fanfiction story i think.. ahah
    i have like 20 naruto posters and giant wall scroll of sasuke from when i used to be obsessed with naruto ahaha...
    i'm surprised that you didn't yell at me for hugging strangers, and you didn't call me a freak when i had a mental break down about not hugging Sebastian... :D ahahahaha... "he's sexxxaayy" is what Connor says.. >:{D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well. i gots 2 hug a Sebastain (hot male ver.), some toast, and 50 other different strangers! X3 it was so fun. me hugged even more strangers on Friday and Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. CRAP. I forgot about that part.

    Obsessive fangirl: (n.) A girl who loves a character sooooooooooooooooooooo much that she has a mental breakdown whenever they are not nearby and/or ignoring them. Synonyms: otaku, Alyssa Gabuat, weirdo.

    ReplyDelete